Bury, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Pension, Private Health
5 months ago
Opportunity to join a well established and market leading complex engineering business at their UK head office based in Bury. The business has been established for well over 100 years in the UK and forms part of a larger global company.
The role reports directly to the Head of Finance and becomes a key player within the Accounts team responsible for the management and reporting of actuals Vs budgets. You will also lead a small team and support the AP function, duties include;
* Management of the Month end procedures and adherence to Group reporting deadlines
* Reporting; Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash flow preparation
* Provide other relevant and timely information to the Senior Management Team
* Production of budgets and rolling forecasts for the business - P&L, BS
* Monthly Cost analysis; including variances to budget/forecast
* Ownership of key monthly accounting processes including:
* Staff costs; monthly postings of wages, salaries and related accruals
* Balance sheet reconciliations and Fixed Assets management, including accruals,
prepayments and provisions
* Ownership of the accounting system, including ensuring integrity of data held
* Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements
* VAT accounting / payments and reconciliations
* Management of Corporation Tax and other relevant tax matters
* Managing the Business' year end procedures and dealing with auditors
The successful applicant will be an experienced Management Accountant and hold an accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) and be comfortable supporting and leading a small team. You will play an active role in ensuring appropriate controls and procedures are implemented. In return you will benefit from working for a business that truly values its people. They are offering an excellent package including private health insurance, pension (Employee contribution - 5%, Employer contribution - minimum of 5% paying up to 7% subject to scheme rules), health cash plan, life cover.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.