Senior Management Accountant
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus, Pension
Excellent opportunity for a Qualified Accountant with experience managing a team of Qualified and part qualified accountants. the successful individual will be ambitious with a pro-active approach, to manage the internal reporting finance team and provide ad hoc support to the business as required.
The role will be hands on with a clear focus on the month-end reporting and producing accurate management information to assist with strategic decision making going forward. The role is ideally suited to an experienced manager with a desire to work for a progressive, faced paced organisation who has recently listed. You will be responsible for the management accounting for the Group, including budget monitoring and commentary, whilst ensuring all control accounts are reconciled. You will be able to demonstrate where you have actively improved financial processes, including developing suitable SLAs and delivering improvements to reporting.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is ambitious, has excellent communication skills and is looking for a fast paced environment where they can enhance internal reporting and controls, shape their own team and be challenged along the way.
Key responsibilities will include but not restricted to;
* Production of the monthly Group Business Review for the Board
* Production of consolidated and subsidiary month-end management accounts
* Delivering cost centre level monthly management reporting
* Business partnering with operational and support teams
* Analysis of variances to budget and forecasts with clear commentary
* Monitor and report on key SLA's
* Ensure all Balance sheet reconciliations are produced, reviewed and monitored
* Oversee the key transactional functions for cashbook, purchase ledger & sales ledger
* Preparation of information for interim & year-end audits, including liaising with auditors
* Staff management & development, including appraisals, target setting and monitoring
* Maintaining and improving systems, processes and controls
* Ensure compliance with group policies and accounting standards
* Systems development and implementation
* Provide support to the Financial Controller, Head of Financial Reporting and other Business areas as required
You will be Degree Educated and a Qualified Accountant (ACA,CIMA, ACCA) with previous management experience and good working knowledge of IFRS and FRS101. An excellent communicator and comfortable liaising with senior management and the board.
In return you will benefit from an excellent package including Bonus, Pension, Share Scheme and onsite gym to name a few. For more information please forward your CV ASAP.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.