Scarborough, North Yorkshire
£28050 - £36644 per annum
5 months ago
A Senior Management Accountant, on a fixed term contract is required to work for a not for profit organisation, based in Scarborough. Responsible for the line management and performance of the support team, to lead the management accounting function of the organisation and provide quality monthly reporting information for distribution to budget holders to support effective cost control and decision making.
Day to day duties for the Senior Management Accountant role include:
- Responsible to the Head of Financial Management and will directly manage the Management Accounting Team.
- Provide a key supporting role to the Head of Financial Management effectively acting as a deputy and will therefore provide support to the financial accounting function of the organisaiton as and when required.
- Provide specialist knowledge and expertise to finance and non-finance managers and staff in respect of budgetary and management accounting issues.
- Contribute to and ensure that the monthly reporting cycle is completed accurately and to time, providing budget holders with the information they require to ensure value for money, cost control and to enable decision making.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of variances and trends and produce detailed monthly variance reports, where information may be conflicting and drawn from multiple sources.
- Work with budget holders to ensure that there is a clear understanding of the financial position in their areas supporting development of projects and financial recovery plans and will convey difficult messages and be expected to negotiate with and influence budget holders to take appropriate action as necessary.
- Prepare the draft monthly reporting information for both year to date and forecast for presentation to the Head of Financial Management.
- Prepare annual revenue budgets which are in line with the organisation annual planning assumptions and agree these with the Head of Financial Management.
- Be the key finance contact for all Continuing Healthcare finance issues and will work closely with colleagues from partner CCGs. This will involve receiving and managing large amounts of data from several information systems which will need to be analysed and manipulated into robust and meaningful information for onward presentation to a range of recipients.
- Be the main contact for the SBS system and will act as system 'super user' for the Oracle ledger system.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualified AAT and or part qualified CCAB (or significant equivalent financial expertise and experience to an equivalent level)
- In depth knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Significant experience and expertise in a management accounting role
- Advanced Excel Skills - will be required to regularly create and format complex computerised spreadsheets for analysis, planning, forecasting and overview purposes
- Experience of using a computerised general ledger system e.g. Oracle
- Staff management experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to competently present information
- Ability to analyse complex data to provide useful information sources
- Numerate and able to understand complex financial issues combined with deep analytical skills
- Knowledge of Financial Systems e.g. monitoring budgets ,processing invoices and procurement
- Experience of setting up and implementing internal processes and procedures
- Analytical approach demonstrating attention to detail
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise that of others
- The promotion of equality of opportunity and good working relations
- Experience of managing a team
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and trust
- Professional, calm and efficient
- Positive and flexible approach to work
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accounts Commercial Manager role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.