Manchester, Greater Manchester
£53168 - £62001 per annum
2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are recruiting on behalf of an NHS organisation for a Senior OD, Learning and Talent Manager. Reporting to the Associate HR Director, the role is responsible for a wide portfolio including organisational development, L&D, diversity & inclusion and recruitment. You will work in a collaborative way to lead a strong and well-established team in delivering strategies and activities which bring real organisational success. You will be confident in communicating with a wide range of audiences including verbal and written presentations to our executive team and Board.
Key responsibilities of Senior OD Learning and Talent Manager:
- Act as the senior internal OD consultant devising and implementing OD solutions that align with the business plan and that enhance organisational effectiveness
- Work in conjunction with the leadership team and external partners in the delivery of senior leadership development programmes and oversee the talent management strategy
- To provide business and professional insights, identifying business and OD related challenges and risk, providing advice and solutions
- To contribute to the overall management and leadership of the HR & OD Directorate
- Lead the in-house Recruitment team to provide a proactive and responsive service, which meets the needs of our hiring managers, candidates as well as our organisational priorities.
- Complete an options appraisal of talent management opportunities, to be agreed with the senior HR team and executive team.
- Contribute to the identification of organisational development needs within the business and take the lead role in design and delivery of high-level OD interventions
- Manage the design, development and promotion of leadership and management development strategies, processes, systems and tools. This will include working with Department of Health and Social Care and external partners
- Oversee the design and facilitate OD sessions as required, examples include assessment centres, team building events, conflict resolution and team away days as required
- Develop and implement effective strategies for the employee reward and recognition, including on-boarding, exit management, and outplacement services.
- Implement performance management systems that support individuals to develop their skills and knowledge, achieve their potential and enable managers to achieve business objectives. This will include implementing robust high quality appraisal systems for personal development planning, coaching, mediation, career counselling and remedial action.
- Set, monitor and review key workforce performance indicators and producing regular reports, highlighting any significant issues.
- Support large scale change programmes as required, providing advice and project management
- Act as a coach for the senior leaders, providing advice, guidance and appropriate challenge. This may include identification of new ways of working, role redesign and improved performance measurement systems which are focused on the needs of the service and designed to improve service delivery
- Design and deliver change interventions as required, including toolkits and training for managers as required
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion strategy and policy for its workforce that promotes good relations and inclusive practices at work and effectively engages with legislative duties
- Analyse reports key workforce metrics and trends across the business and use insight and business knowledge to diagnose issues, identifying and recommending opportunities for business improvement
- Design meaningful measures for analysing and reporting on learning and development activities so as to best assess the return on investment.
- Provide accurate reporting on workforce data to the Board and external agencies as required
Required skills and experience of the Senior OD Learning and Talent Manager
- Supporting organisations through periods of significant change
- Extensive exposure of working for a not for profiut client is an essential requiremet and candidates without this sector experience will not be considered
- Working in partnership with staff, including recognised unions
- Leading a team of experienced and qualified professionals
- Designing strategies with tangible business benefits for a range of areas including OD, Diversity & Inclusion and Recruitment
- Producing reports and strategies for a range of audiences including Board level.
- Experience of coaching and influencing senior stakeholders
- Experience of designing and delivery OD interventions to support change
- Experience in facilitating workshops and team discussions
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.