Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£24000 - £26000 per annum
4 months ago
I am currently assisting an excellent client with the recruitment of a Senior Payroll Administrator.
The successful Senior Payroll Administrator will be responsible for completing basic and routine payroll tasks and activities to assist and provide support to the Payroll function.
- Gather basic data and information and carry out routine data entry and basic analysis activities.
- Carry out basic calculations and run payrolls according to detailed instructions and under direct supervision and in a timely manner
- Carry out standard support tasks in a timely manner as requested and track payroll processing
- Assist more senior colleagues with more complex and advanced payroll tasks and standard reports.
- Deal with email queries and exchange basic information with team members and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifying errors and escalating issues where appropriate.
- Manage and record own time effectively.
- Be pro-active and take on personal responsibility and ownership for completion of tasks.
- Be a team player, a role model for all colleagues and own your personal development to enable you to make an increasing contribution to the company.
- Create letters from draft to final version.
- A minimum 5 GCE's or equivalent at Grade 4 (previously C) or above, including Maths and English or relevant experience in a payroll based role
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organisational, planning and prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work to tight timescales
- Desire to improve standards and develop new procedures and working practices
- Previous experience in a payroll position at a 'Senior' level
- Experience of dealing with external clients and customers
To find out more about this opportunity please contact Maz Williams at Sellick Partnership Newcastle.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.