Senior Payroll Officer
£22000 - £24000 per annum + plus benefits
0151 224 1480
Senior Payroll Officer
Band 4, £22,000 - £24,000
Fixed-term, Full time
Senior Payroll Officer required to join a well-established and prestigious organisation based in Chester. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Senior Payroll Officer to join their dynamic and growing department.
As the Senior Payroll Officer you will be working with the Payroll Officers, Assistants and with Senior Management providing professional operational Payroll/ESR service to the clients of the HR Shared Service alongside other duties below:
Key responsibilities of the Senior Payroll Officer
- Ensure that accurate and timely staff payments are processed and database remains up to date.
- Carry out complex financial calculations and analyse data to identify areas of error.
- Contribute to teams KPI's.
- Deliver an accurate method of paying staff.
- Provide advice and guidance to Line Managers on complex issues relating to payments.
- Plan and prioritise own workload, highlighting any risks to Payroll Manager.
- Day to day supervision of more junior staff within the team allocating workloads and checking work.
- Review and reflect own work performance and identify development needs.
- Ensure correct interpretation of Agenda for Change, Medical & Dental and Local Terms.
- Train new Payroll/ESR officers when required.
- Fully utilise IT with application of ESR and production of payroll.
Required skills and experience of the Senior Payroll Officer
- AAT/NVQ Level 4 or equivalent experience.
- Numerate with GCSE Maths or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of ESR system.
- Strong IT skills and systems experience.
- Knowledge of Agenda for Change, Medical and Dental and local terms and conditions of clients.
- Knowledge of statutory government legislation.
- Excellent communication skills both written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Ability to work as a team and independently with ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in supervising staff.
This is fantastic opportunity to join a well-established organisation with unrivalled opportunities.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Senior Payroll Officer role, please apply now, or contact Chloe O'Brien at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.