North London, London
£40 - £50 per hour
23 days ago
A Senior Planning Lawyer is required to join a local authority organisation in London for an initial 6 month period, with a view to extend thereafter.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Planning Lawyer to join a supportive team who offer excellent administrative support within a busy local authority. Applications are welcome from candidates who have previous local authority or private practice experience, although it is essential to be able to manage a complex caseload of planning matters.
As a Senior Planning Lawyer, you will undertake a varied caseload of work, which may include;
- Dealing with high value planning obligations and highway agreements
- Drafting s106 agreements and making s103 applications
- Regeneration including compulsory purchase orders (CPOs)
- Stopping up of highway and advising clients on planning highway issues
- Acquiring empty properties
- Advising clients on planning issues
- Dealing with judicial review applications
- Planning enforcement, including drafting enforcement and breach of condition notices
- Advising at planning committees
- Instructing and liaising with Counsel and attending judicial reviews
- Planning policy and guidance
Required skills and experience of the Senior Planning Lawyer
- Local government experience, particularly around governance and decision making
- A good working knowledge of Planning and Enforcement Law
- Ability to work with a relatively high degree of autonomy and take initiative
- Ability to think independently, research and apply principles to client matters
- Strong client care skills
- Commercially minded with the ability to give good quality advice
This local authority is happy to accommodate the successful candidate with a level of flexibility around working hours if required, with the opportunity to work a day from home every week. The office is easy to reach and is situated within walking distance from most transport links.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Planning Lawyer role, please apply now by sending an up to date CV to Kemi Awodiji at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the closing date.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.