Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
Up to £35757 per annum
2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are pleased to be supporting a large not-for-profit organisation based in the Teesside area to recruit for a Senior Procurement Business Partner.
Overview of the role:
To support the provision of a robust Procurement service to the Group and its subsidiaries and to contribute to the effective operation of the Finance Transactions and Planning Directorate. This role will work closely with the Development and Homes teams or the Property Services team creating frameworks/ Dynamic Purchasing Systems (DPS) that are fit for purpose and can deliver quick procurement turnarounds for these teams as/ when a sourcing solution is required. The frameworks/ DPS must be aligned with the Service Area strategy and based on defined policies and procedures.
- Support the Senior Procurement Manager in the delivery of objectives identified in the Procurement Strategy and work plans.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with Group Standing Orders and Financial Regulations ensuring all procurement is carried out in accordance with Value for Money principles.
- Assist the Senior Procurement Manager to develop and implement sourcing and procurement strategies across the Group that optimises expenditure and provides tangible benefits to all key stakeholders.
- Assist the Senior Procurement Manager in providing procurement support to other non-procurement practitioners across the Group.
- Assist in maintaining a procurement framework based on defined policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the implementation of new procurement processes and procedures.
- Support the Senior Procurement Manager in collecting and maintaining procurement data and documentation, and in delivering procurement projects.
- Engage with internal and external clients to build strong relationships.
- Demonstrable operational procurement experience including Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Recent practical procurement experience of awarding contracts through quotation and tendering processes including leading procurement projects utilising frameworks and dynamic purchasing systems.
- Effective use of IT (Microsoft Excel/Word essential; Powerpoint preferable; e-Procurement tender portals essential)
- Good understanding of value for money principles.
- Able to prioritise to achieve realistic targets, costs and time deadlines.
- Relevant degree or significant demonstrable experience in a similar role. Full MCIPS or have already started studying towards CIPS minimum level 4.
If you would like more information, please contact Adam Burgess at Sellick Partnership's Newcastle office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion