4 months ago
Role: Senior Procurement Manager (IT)
Location: Remote, with occasional travel to Derby
Hourly rate: Up to £54,764
Length: 1 year FTC
Sellick Partnership are currently looking to recruit a Senior Procurement Manager for our Public Sector client in Derby.
Purpose of the Senior Procurement Manager:
- Lead the Supply Chain Management (SCM) & commercial activities on IT Contracts, IT Projects and/or IT Programmes as an internal procurement business partner, working closely with and supporting our IT service department.
- Assist the Procurement/leads in the delivery of an annual work plan and ensuring performance to key milestones and that supplier key performance indicators are monitored and achieved.
- To deliver guidance and advice, ensuring projects/procurements are legally compliant and developed in line with national guidance
Main Responsibilities for the Senior Procurement Manager:
- Plan and execute a category management strategy for information technology (IT) spend across the organisation.
- Be accountable for the creation and implementation of an SCM Sourcing Plan
- Manage the procurement of new or expiring IT contracts that deliver high value
- Manage the early engagement with stakeholders
- Develop and implement a Category Management Plan
- Responsible for supporting the IT finance & management team in the on-going Contract Management of all IT contracts.
- Support the effective measurement, management and development of supplier performance
- To deliver effective procurements and supporting the management of key supplier relationships
- To own, advise and lead on the delivery of procurement and market management
- To manage a devolved budget for the designated customer base.
- Work on collaborative procurement projects across a diverse range of stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has experience of procuring Information Technology (IT) systems and services.
- Worked within a complex procurement environment with uncertainty and changing demands
- Demonstrable evidence of developing Business Cases across a diverse range of stakeholders
- Understanding of the commissioning function within NHS England
- Awareness of public sector procurement policy, the political and clinical context, and the implications of these on commercial decisions.
- Has worked within defined category areas of spend
- Developed procurements that complied with EU Procurement law
- Carried out cost, price and demand analysis management
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.