Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£25000 - £28000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting to a Senior Procurement Officer to join a public sector organisation in Sheffield.
Senior Procurement Officer - Finance Team
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Senior Procurement Officer will be responsible for overseeing the Procurement function of the College.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Procurement Officer
- Provide a centre of procurement expertise, advice and guidance to academic and support staff on the correct processes, procedures and regulations to follow
- Support College staff in the tendering of contracts, including providing advice, issuing invitations to tender, reviewing responses and supporting the decision of awarding the contract
- Supports College staff with contract management, including monitoring supplier performance and recommending contract modifications where necessary
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to obtain an improvement in terms
- Responsible for managing College credit cards, including managing card holders and spend limits, as well as the process for completing monthly returns
The role has one direct report, the Procurement and Finance Apprentice. The Senior Procurement Officer will be responsible for allocating workload, in order to ensure that Purchase Order requisitions and order queries from College staff and suppliers are dealt with within agreed timescales, and in a professional manner.
Skills and Qualifications
- Candidates will have excellent communication skills, be used to leading and working in collaborative working groups, and be able to demonstrate experience of analysing complex scenarios and recommending a course of action to others
- Candidates will have excellent numerical ability, strong excel skills, and have experience of presenting financial information in tables and charts
- Candidates must have experience of working in a professional purchasing environment, and ideally be qualified to CIPS Advanced Certificate level.
- 25 days annual leave entitlement, plus additional days at Christmas
- Flexible working hours / flexi time
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free car parking
- Access to other benefits including car lease scheme, healthcare scheme and educations staff discounts
Please apply now for consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.