Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£30000 - £35000 per annum
8 months ago
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for a Senior Procurement Specialist on a permanant basis for an organisation based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
It is an exiting time to join this award winning organisation as they are going through a period of rapid expansion.
The Senior Procurement Specialist is responsible for the complete sourcing event. This includes the tendering process, project management and tracking of supplier delivery, maintenance of accurate project documentation, through to completion. The role holder will have allocated projects within a sector or category and will building trusting relationships within these groups. Data quality and project discipline are critical to the delivery of a successful project. The Senior Procurement Specialist would lead on higher value projects or those from high profile clients, including complex mini-competitions.
- Responsible for the end the end tendering process, including: reviewing and developing client specifications, identifying suitable suppliers, driving mini competitions, and running sourcing events against specific client requirements and measures. Specifically, the Senior Procurement Specialist would lead higher value projects or those for high profile clients.
- Supplier and client negotiation, including of contracts, and improving prices and terms of business with suppliers
- Production of work orders against sourcing events, ensuring high quality and accurate documentation is in place and is completed in line with supplier proposal.
- Sign off on work orders up to the value of £25,000
- Tracking delivery of projects through milestones, approval of highlight reports within KPI, to completion against KPI's and project performance measures
- Manage the Change Control process within a project to ensure it is still meeting client requirements and spend is governed
- Good discipline with project management:
- Ensure all project documentation is up to date and held in SharePoint, including proposals, CCN's, work orders, and important e-mails.
- Ensure offline trackers are maintained.
- Reviewing expired projects and ensure the status is up to date
- Offer guidance and coaching to team members
- Act up in the absence of Procurement Operations Team Leader
- Responsible (as allocated) supplier management process, including inbox management, supplier registration within agreed KPI's. Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Ensures all inboxes (both personal and shared) are maintained and cleared in-line with timescales
- Delivery of all data management tasks within agreed KPI's
- Delivery of specific projects as allocated
- Conduct research across professional services categories and markets; evaluate, recruit and accredit new suppliers to increase the capacity and capability of our supply chain
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Client Services and Finance Operations) to ensure any concerns are highlighted that may impact the client or supplier experience
- Knowledge of eSourcing and tendering solutions
- Good knowledge of modern procurement practices; strong analytical and communication skills and works well within a team
- Demonstrable category and sourcing experience within a private or public sector organisation
- Commercially aware and a competent negotiator
- Professional approach; natural relationship builder
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects whilst maintaining client commitments in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter; highly motivated, results driven and with excellent attention to detail
- Methodical approach to project management with attention to detail
- Broad understanding of local or central government department, health authority, or education establishments
If you are interested in this Senior Procurement Specialist opportunity then please submit your CV below. If you would like more information, please contact Adam Burgess at Sellick Partnership's Newcastle office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.