Senior Project Manager
£48000 - £50000 per annum
Role: Senior ICT Project Manager
Location: Stafford - Hybrid working
Salary: £48k to £50k
Sellick partnership are currently looking for a Senior ICT Project Manager to join one of our public sector clients based in Birmingham.
- The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver complex programmes and projects that span across multiple business units as well as I.T.
- You will be expected to manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery
- Work directly with the Head of Change and Transformation to ensure that the project management team is functioning at the optimal level and suggest any improvements required.
Key responsibilities for the Senior ICT Project Manager:
- Manage a portfolio of complex projects
- Build and motivate team members to meet project goals
- Full implementation of projects which will include implementation to deployment
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project
As part of our ICT team, we want you to have:
- Excellent experience in Governance & SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
Our client can offer:
- The option to join our contributory pension scheme
- 25 days' holiday, increasing with each year of service + bank holidays
- Career progression within a sector-leading business
- A comprehensive induction programme and excellent learning opportunities; with mandatory and specialist training available.
Additional benefits include:
- Access to a dedicated employee support service, offering a range of mental health, physical care and financial wellbeing support services.
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free annual flu vaccinations
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.