Newcastle upon Tyne
£42414 - £49969 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are assisting one of the largest NHS Foundation Trust's in the UK based in Newcastle Upon Tyne to recruit for a Senior Projects Manager on a permanent basis but are open to interim arrangements.
Purpose of the role:
- To commission and Project Manage Major Capital new works Projects on behalf of the Trust.
- Provision of specialist Expert professional advice to all major specialist projects.
- Work with others to ensure affordable capital programmes consistent with business priorities.
- Deputise when necessary for the Capital Projects Manager.
- Lead and manage a team of multi-disciplinary staff in the procurement of capital schemes.
- Provide professional project management and financial advice to ensure projects are procured to correct specification, on time and within budget.
- Manage a variety of Building and Engineering schemes which involve multi disciplinary teams that include External engaged consultants, contractors and Specialist Services
Skillset and Experinece:
- Graduate education with a specialist postgraduate qualification equivalent to Master's level (or equivalent experience) and Chartered membership of a recognised professional body.
- There is an essential need for advanced Knowledge Training and experience through a combination of formal and informal training and courses with experience.
- Undertake ongoing professional development to keep abreast of new ideas regulations and current thinking in the field on building construction and procurement.
- Successful track record at an operational and management level in a complex NHS environment.
- Advanced level knowledge of design, building, planning and construction regulations and legislation, e.g. NHS Health Building Notes and Health Technical Memoranda and Guidance Documents
- Demonstrable successful track record on Capital schemes.
- Providing information and liaising with a number of business and service managers from different organisations to formulate complex combined business cases.
- Drive and innovation is needed to see problems through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- A clear understanding of issues facing the NHS is essential. Understanding of financial commercial appraisal techniques, dispute resolution and litigation processes.
- In depth knowledge of building construction contract procurement methods, Health and Safety legislation and other associated legislation practices and associated procedures, including Regulatory Reform (Fire safety) Order, Asbestos Regulations, Infection Control, Aspergillus and Legionella.
- Advanced level knowledge of Project Management tools equal or equivalent to PRINCE 2
- Extensive post qualification experience in a senior management position.
- In depth understanding of building construction and contract procurement methods.
- Extensive experience of working on Capital schemes in the NHS.
- Understanding of Clinical Services provided within an NHS Acute Trust.
- Evidence of on going professional development
- Specialist courses
- Architectural background
Please apply to receive a full copy of the job specification.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.