about 1 year ago
Senior Solicitor required to join the Development and Property team in a reputable London based Local Authority, over a long term contract.
The successful candidate will be assisting the lead lawyer on all areas of development work on behalf of the council and will be expected to deal with complex and strategic project work from the outset. The successful Lawyer must retain a technical skillset and have the following demonstrable experience:
- Leading in high value regeneration and development projects
- Advising on procurement stages, development agreements, sales and acquisition; plus a clear understanding and actively involved in development work such as; The Appropriation of Land, Rights of Light,
- Drafting and negotiating construction contracts
- Working collaboratively with clients and others in the legal team e.g. planning/contract lawyers, working with different stakeholders
- Advising on council's governance procedures and policies, and assisting with cabinet and cabinet member reporting, including but not limited to dealing with legal implications in reports and best practise decision making
- Helping clients understand and process complex legal advice from legal providers in a clear way is desirable, with the commercial objective getting value for money from all legal service providers, internal and external
This is an exciting role for a candidate available on short notice and a committed individual who enjoys a varied, challenging role.
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com iif you would like to be considered for shortlisting. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Leah Edgar in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.