over 1 year ago
A Senior Regeneration Lawyer is required to join a commercially focused and highly reputable Local Authority based in London. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual with strong property experience in regeneration projects across housing, commercial and mixed use schemes, to join their dynamic and growing Development Team.
As a Senior Regeneration Lawyer, you will be responsible for;
- Acting as the main port of call for the Local Authority and their extensive regeneration programme, siting on various project boards and providing direct advice as well as managing external solicitor advice
- Dealing with a large portfolio of regeneration work, including town development, regeneration of town centres and multi-million pound schemes
- Providing and managing title advice across a number of sites, acquisitions of new build sites for decants, providing governance and strategic advice to clients
- Dealing with CPO's (compulsory purchase orders) when the Local Authority nee to acquire land from 3rd parties
- Advising on contractual relationships between the Council and the Company, governance issues affecting the Company, and also providing legal risks and assessments on potential projects
- Providing advice on routine development issues such as disposals and appropriation, title issues and development constraints, Cabinet reports, input in to Heads of Terms as well as advising on existing developments where the Council are in contract
Required skills and experience of the Senior Regeneration Solicitor
- Local government experience, particularly around governance and decision making is desirable however, our client is happy to consider applicants with a private practice background
- A good working knowledge of commercial property and regeneration is absolutely essential
- Ability to work with a relatively high degree of autonomy and take initiative in areas of responsibility
- Ability to think independently, research and apply principles to client matters
- Strong client care skills
- Commercially minded with the ability to give good quality advice in a manner which is easily understood by clients
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established team that prides itself in the first class service it offers its clients. This local authority is happy to accommodate the successful candidate with a level of flexibility with working hours.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Senior Regeneration Solicitor role, please apply now by sending an up to date CV to Kemi Awodiji at email@example.com. We will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the closing date.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.