South East England, England
£44001 - £49048 per annum
3 months ago
Senior Research Contracts Manager
12 Months Fixed term contract
Maternity Leave Cover however permanent opportunity available
£44,001 - £49,048
Sellick partnership are proud to be recruiting for a Senior Research Contracts Manager to join one of Britain's largest centres for postgraduate teaching and applied research. The University are based in the Northern Home Counties and their academic and research staff work both nationally and internationally on research and development for the benefit of 1,500 organisations each year.
You will be able to work the role on a remote working basis.
The department that you will be working in supports researchers in working together to achieve excellence and delivering on the University's vision for research and innovation. The primary focus of the work will be enabling the research activities of the University whilst mitigating and protecting against contractual risk.
Primary responsibilities of the position will be to:
- Manage a team of two Research Contracts lawyers to ensure they deliver an efficient, timely and professional service
- Review, draft and negotiate a range of research and commercial contracts covering the full spectrum of research related activities including agreements relating to industry sponsored research collaborations, EU contracts, charitable funding and research consortium agreements, along with NDAs, service, consultancy, framework and material transfer agreements
- Provide clear, pragmatic advice on the implications of contractual terms within the context of the research, using a comprehensive working knowledge of research contract issues, such as confidentiality, publication requirements, intellectual property, VAT and other related issues
- Ensure that contractual terms are clear and appropriate, and that institutional risk is identified and appropriately assessed within each contract, whilst meeting the University's approved contractual position
- Interact with external clients, as appropriate, to communicate clearly and concisely the points of negotiation, and work internally with the appropriate researcher
- Build, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
The salary £44,001 - £49,048 with additional performance related pay up to £61,309 includes a number of other employee benefits. The duration of the contract will be 12 months to cover a period of maternity leave.
This position is suited to candidates who possess demonstrable knowledge and experience of complex contract negotiation, drafting and intellectual property issues as they apply in the context of a higher education institution and against the backdrop of funded research. It is essential that you possess either a Law Degree or significant practical legal experience working in a large/diverse organisation. Our client is ideally looking for some office presence but this is negotiable.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Chelsey Newsom in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.