Senior Reserving Actuary
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£80000 - £100000 per annum
0151 224 1480
Sellick Partnership are currently partnered with a leading General Insurer as they seek to recruit a new Senior Reserving Actuary to be based out of their growing site in Leeds.
This is a highly visible appointment for our client, who are in the process of investing heavily in their Actuarial function.
This will role will provide the successful Senior Reserving Actuary with an excellent opportunity to work across a variety of classes of business whilst leading a small team.
Responsibilities of the Senior Reserving Actuary:
- Conduct monthly and quarterly reserve reviews
- Lead a small team of Analysts
- Play a key role in our client's Actuarial Transformation Program
- Take technical responsibility for a variety of classes of business
- Engage extensively with various internal teams, particularly Underwriting and Claims
- Conduct ad hoc data analysis using SQL and SAS
Skills and experience:
- You will ideally be a qualified Actuary with circa 2 years PQE
- Highly numeric degree (or equivalent) from a top university
- Excellent communicator
- Extensive experience of using specialist software such as ResQ
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment
Rewards and benefits:
- Salary up to £100k
- Discretionary bonus
- Strong pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Various other flexible benefits
If you think this opportunity to join your skills with a household name in General Insurance could be of interest, please apply below with your CV or contact Charlie Christian on 0151 224 1480.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.