Durham, County Durham
£10.50 - £12.00 per hour
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Service Desk Analyst to join a large public sector organisation based in Durham.
The Service Desk Analyst will provide an effective technical support service to the organisation and stakeholders, and be responsible for the timely resolution of incide4nts and fulfilment of customer requests in line with company policy and procedure.
- To provide an effective Service Desk and first line support service to NECS and their customers by taking calls directly from customers or by responding to their E mails
- Responsible for supporting the provision of a high quality, efficient and customer focused ICT support service to a broad range of customer groups
- Reviews, proposes changes to, refines and implements policies and procedures on the use and successful functioning of the IT service desk in line with the national ITIL framework for IT service delivery
- Where possible, to diagnose and resolve as many support queries as possible in the first instance, rather than allocating to a technical team member
- To be responsible for escalation of incidents and requests which cannot or are unlikely to be resolved within agreed service levels
- To distribute support requests to relevant technical teams by assessing the urgency and importance of incidents, and proactively allocating or escalating as appropriate
- Effective, pro-active liaison with key internal service management, alerting of potential major incidents and taking ownership for effective communications and distribution of information updates until call closure (supporting Major Incident management process and procedure)
- To liaise with external third party suppliers.
- Responsible for maintaining information systems such as user accounts, system rights and desktops.
- Maintain an accurate asset database of customers and equipment
- Suitable technical professional qualification e.g. ECDL, MCP, ITIL (foundation), CompTia A+ or equivalent experience OR HNC/C with suitable experience
- Relevant experience in a Service Desk Role
- Demonstrable understanding of current Operating Systems and Office products
- Sound working knowledge of connectivity of PC hardware, printers and other peripheral devices
- Able to prioritise work, and work well against a background of change and uncertainty
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Procedural knowledge of IT service management processes and ensure best practice is adhered to.
If you are interested in this position please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.