Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£30000 - £39500 per annum
4 months ago
.NET Developer - Permanent - £30,000 - £39,500
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be working in partnership with a well known Higher Education establishment based in Newcastle upon Tyne to recruit for a .Net Developer on a permanent basis.
To design, develop, implement and provide on-going support of one or more major
organisation business systems to support the requirements of the University, in
accordance with the agreed development standards and using the most appropriate
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To specify and design an IT solution and, where required, the systems architecture to meet an approved business development, according to agreed standards. This will involve agreeing with the line manager the appropriate technology; programming and technical configuration according to design specifications and agreed standards; and planning, executing and managing any necessary integration activities between the organisations core business systems and other key internal and external systems.
- To plan, design, manage, execute and report tests to ensure that all systems and interfaces perform as expected. Where required, to lead, plan and manage user acceptance testing as appropriate to ensure that the system performs to user and all other requirements prior to full implementation.
- To provide production system support including version management and change control for a specific system or system area. To monitor the system's performance, correct faults, devise workarounds and update system documentation in order to provide the necessary support to the user and to ensure that the system is operating to the required standards.
- To provide advice to users about the system's functionality and to manage the ongoing relationship with users to ensure those IT systems enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes throughout the organisation.
- On occasion the post-holder may be reasonably requested to carry out duties not specifically described in this job description. Such requests will be in the interests of maintaining the smooth running and delivery of Corporate Systems services to customers and stakeholders.
- Degree or equivalent level of study
- Practical experience as web developer using modern front end development frameworks
- Practical experience in .Net development (C#)
- Experience working closely with business analysts and/or end users to deliver high quality solutions to business requirements
- Experience of VB and PHP desirable but not essential
If you believe your background meets the criteria, please apply with a copy of your CV. Note, this is a highly competitive position. We receive an exceptionally high volume of applicants and are unable to respond to each CV we receive.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website