Darlington, County Durham
£28000 - £35000 per annum
2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a market leading organisation based in Darlington, in the recruitment of s Sofware developer to join the Corporate Systems Development team on a twelve month fixed term contract.
As a Software Developer, you will design, develop, implement and support software solutions and architecture used within the Trustee Accounting team, Corporate Finance team and other areas of the organisation as appropriate.
You will provide support of existing applications, contribute to the delivery of solutions and be a vital part of communication and reporting. To be a successful Software Developer you will be able to take ownership, be collaborative and be pioneering.
Key responsibilities of the Software Developer include:
- Participate in support rota, ensuring cover during all business hours
- Support and maintenance of legacy applications in line with the SLD
- Monitoring and maintenance of batch applications and data warehousing
- Maintaining documentation for all systems developed by the Corporate Systems Development team as well as Project Management
- Use business analysis and requirements gathering to identify and deliver technical, practical and effective solutions
- Develop detailed functional specifications for new projects and system enhancements
- Development of client and web based solutions exploiting a wide range of technologies and industry best practice
- Functionally and programmatically test work package deliverables to specified test plans and quality standards
- Provide technical support, advice and guidance to users and oversee training programmes which support systems implementations
- Early identification and notification of project issues and risks and suggest solutions
- Participate in the improvement of processes using analytical and investigative skills
- Assist with the provision of regular project highlight reports and updates for project owners
- Provide regular communication to the end users on the progress of issues being resolved
- At least 3 years' experience of participation in the full software development life cycle
- Basic understanding of pension scheme an investment accounting will be beneficial
- Knowledge of relational databases and data warehouse architecture.
- Excellent working knowledge and at least 3 years' experience of working with the following:
- .NET Framework
- NET Web Forms or MVC
- Good understanding of the following:
- Microsoft Office Suite
Understanding of the following is desirable for to be successful in the role of a Software Developer:
- WCF/Web API
- Cognos Business Intelligence
- Business Analysis
- Project Management (PRINCE2 or similar)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Entity Framework
If you are interested in this position please apply or contact Adam Burgess at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.