Tyne and Wear, England
£250 - £350 per day
about 2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Software Development Manager on behalf of a large organisation. The Software Development Manager will lead a team of analyst/developers and senior analyst/developers responsible for the software development lifecycle of IT systems. The role is a Hybrid working role with a 50/50 home/office split.
- The Software Development Manager will lead engagement with stakeholders and steering groups to understand potential development requirements, manage priorities and expectations so that the team can be deployed to projects according to business need.
- Act as service owner for key corporate systems with responsibility for coordination of development, escalation point, and change management.
- Engage with stakeholders and developers to clarify, validate and document functional and non-functional requirements on projects where there is no dedicated analyst resource available
- Embed agile working practices and tooling within the software development team and wider community by acting as subject matter expert to ensure the entire SDLC is efficient and responsive.
- Lead the application development brokerage service by working with customers, suppliers and procurement to ensure projects are delivered by an appropriate source.
- Lead the team to ensure they are motivated, engaged and have personal development plans, carry out annual appraisals and ensure there is a people plan for the whole team. Ensure that the work of the team is properly prioritised, resourced, managed and executed efficiently and effectively
The Software Development Manager will;
- Substantial experience of running software development and support team in a complex organisation
- Technical background in the software development technologies
- Substantial experience of multiple development methodologies including Agile and waterfall and their successful implementation
- Substantial experience of delivering software development and support services to a dispersed customer base in multiple locations
- Substantial experience of working with third party vendors and delivering an effective service using their services
- A working knowledge of Cybersecurity processes and practices is essential
If you are interested in learning more about his opportunity, please contact Jake Winship at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.