Newcastle upon Tyne
£47126 - £53219 per annum
0191 261 8585
Up to £53k
Hybrid/ Remote Working
Flxible on location
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be assisting a long standing client to recruit for a Solution Designers on a permanent basis.
The Soltion Designer is a senior role within the organisation, with the ability to be hands on when needed so a good technical understanding of solution architecture is required.
This opportunity is based from Newcastle or Bolton however they can be flexible with location as the majority of the role will be based remotely so applications outside the North East are welcome.
- Understanding user and business needs and be confident in translating them into the design of products and services.
- Design and prototype solutions, interfaces and interactions. Work with designers to simplify complex transactions and explain clearly to non-solution designers the reasons for design choices.
- Work closely with user researchers to assist with testing and analysing research results.
- Work with other designers and architects to maintain a library of standard design patterns and promote its use across digital services and the wider organisation
- Lead in the proposing of changes and sharing of good practices that can be adopted to drive design standards, ensuring appropriate governance for contribution to the development of products and services.
- Follow and support methods and standards to achieve a high level of accessibility for the end user in our products
- Develop frameworks, setting standards and principles and draw up accompanying policies to ensure consistency and high quality service
- Understand design proposals from external suppliers, and support and present recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team of software developers, testers, researchers, business analysts, service designers and support a culture focused on ensuring customer needs are met
- Deliver designs that meet security, governance, web standards, ensuring that key elements are built in from the outset
- Significant experience working on projects, delivering effective solutions across multiple channels/platforms
- Excellent communication skills to share technical design concepts, analysis and solutions to a wide range of audiences
- Significant experience in solution architecture or lead technical design role
- Experience and technical acumen across applications, data, infrastructure, security, service management, business process and architecture capabilities, etc.
- Design and prototype user journeys and interactions. Simplify complex transactions and explain clearly to non-designers the reasons for design choices.
- IT/design related degree/qualifications
- IT Architecture (digital and service)
- System Design
- Business and Technical Analysis
- Management of a significant ICT implementation
Please contact Adam Burgess at Sellick Partnership to discuss in further detail and to recieve a full job spec.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website