Manchester, Greater Manchester
£48000 - £50000 per annum + Pension,
5 months ago
Excellent opportunity to join a modern, entrepreneurial business based out of their impressive offices in Manchester. They boast a free onsite gym and a rooftop terrace with great views of the City.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting, the successful Statutory Accounts Manager will have an integral role in shaping and developing the Group's reporting, processes and policies as a FTSE 250 business. You will be responsible for the statutory and regulatory reporting for the Group, including the preparation and review of the Group and subsidiary financial statements, ensuring their compliance with appropriate GAAP and IFRS, together with the Group's regulatory reporting for the FCA. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships at all levels with a proven ability to work credibly at the most senior levels, including Board. Duties include;
Financial and regulatory reporting
* Preparation of the annual Group consolidated financial statements and half year results under IFRS
* Review of the annual subsidiary financial statements under FRS101
* Assist in the preparation of the reporting calendar & timetable for the annual and half year results
* Work with the Group's external auditors to deliver an efficient audit to timetable
* Review and coordination of all supporting documentation and audit schedules
* Produce internal technical papers and guidance for new standards and business change
* Ensure compliance with group policies and accounting standards
* Maintaining and improving systems, processes and controls
* Preparation of the regulatory returns and reporting for the FCA
* Oversee the production of monthly management information for the business review - capital resource positions for all regulated companies, intercompany recharge process and reconciliation and consolidation adjustments
* Review consolidated and subsidiary month-end files
* Submission of the Group's confirmation statements and other company secretarial forms
* Manage correspondence of shareholder transactions, including the payment of dividends
* Manage the accounting for the Group's share option schemes
* Oversee the share scheme exercise process
* Support legal director with share transactions and other ad-hoc tasks
The successful candidate will be a technically strong, ACA/ACCA qualified accountant with staff management exposure and a preference for someone with PLC exposure either from Audit or within Industry. You will be an excellent communicator both written and verbal.
In return you will benefit from a great working environment and developing within a business that is listed in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies. You will receive continued training and development, Bonus, Pension etc etc.
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Martin today. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.