£38000 - £45000 per annum
9 months ago
6-9 Months +
Strategic Developments Manager
Contract, Full time
£38000-£45000 depending on experience
My client is seeking an experienced Strategic Developments Manager with a track record in project management and of successfully managing their delivery within public-funding regimes. This position is on a 6-9 months + temporary basis.
Main Responsibilities of the Strategic Development Manager include:
- To work with colleagues, partners and external advisers in shaping and developing the Company's housing and investment programme and promoting and facilitating high quality, sustainable development. This will include identifying and developing opportunities
- To manage individual development projects as agreed with the Development Director and take responsibility for their development, planning and delivery to agreed timescales, budgets and scope.
- To engage with the Local Authority as client, partners and key stakeholders in order to develop strong and effective relationships, generate interest in the Company agenda and its objectives, identify and promote development opportunities and help secure the necessary levels of commitment and funding.
- To contribute to the operational management and development of the organisation.
- To establish and lead multi-disciplinary teams involved in the co-ordinated delivery of projects and programmes, including external consultants where necessary.
- To maintain project monitoring and reporting arrangements, develop targets and indicators against which success can be measured and to manage project risks.
- To engage with the wider community to promote projects and to represent the Company at public events as directed.
- To provide day-to-day management of direct reports as required, to include monitoring and directing workload and quality of output.
- To prepare papers, reports and recommendations to the internal panels, Partner Organisations and Project Boards and attend / lead meetings as required.
- To assist colleagues in embedding best practice and continuous improvement in both programme and project management.
- To contribute to creating a culture where colleagues take the initiative, innovate and generate imaginative and effective solutions.
- To respond to complaints and enquiries and to ensure that appropriate and satisfactory response is given in line with BHC policy and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Track record in leading the development and delivery of complex projects
- Procurement and management of multi-disciplinary teams and/or contractors
- Detailed understanding of the development sector, housing development and the commercial development environment
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Local Authority Departments e.g Planning/Building Control, Housing Enforcement and Environmental Health.
- Experience of successfully identifying and securing funding for regeneration/development projects
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Strategic Developments Manager role, please apply now or contact Tiffany Biddle at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice.