East London, London
14 days ago
Are you an experienced lead lawyer withing Local Government seeking your next challenge?
If you have knowledge of recent relevant legislation in Local Government law and one of the specialist areas; Planning, Highways Property and Contracts - this could be for you!
The successful candidate will join an experienced and supportive legal team over an initial 3 month basis, with view to extension.
- To handle a caseload of complex legal matters including attending court, a tribunal or a public inquiry (as appropriate) with or without counsel to present the Council's case
- To advise all areas of the Council on the law relating to matters within the remit of the work streams, and generally affecting Local Government for which the postholder is responsible
- To prepare reports or provide legal comments on reports to the Cabinet, committees and sub-committees of the Council
- To ensure that the service operates in accordance with Practice Management Standards
- To attend meetings of the Cabinet, committees, sub-committees, officer and chief officers on a regular basis or when required to provide legal advice
- To lead on strategic management issues and initiatives across the serviceTo be a member of the Legal Services management team and to actively participate in the management of the Legal Services department
The offices are easily accessible, along with free parking on site. Our client is happy to accomodate flexible working for the right candidate, dependent on business needs.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Leah Edgar in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.