Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£38000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting to a Strategic procurement Manager for University Hospitals of North Midlands and The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust.
Key responsibilities for the Deputy Director of Procurement:
- Responsible for defining the approach and leading delivery of strategic procurement ensuring compliance with EU legislation, UK Law and Trust Standing Financial Instructions
- Responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of Procurement Services
- Maximise value for money opportunities and improve procurement related process efficiencies
- Addressing central government supply chain related objectives such as sustainability, carbon reduction and environmental targets etc
- Develop best practice procurement strategies for the department
- Ensure effective implementation and measurement of delivery
- Overall co-ordination and achievement of the Supplies and Procurement Business Plan, Strategy and objectives
- To act as Deputy to the Senior Strategic Procurement Manager on Procurement matters.
Essential experience required:
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Qualified including relevant training and personal development history with experience in operational supply chain management/general purchasing.
- Specialist strategic procurement knowledge acquired through MCIPS and practical tendering experience
- The salary is NHS Agenda for Change Band 7 which is between £38,890 - £44,503.
- The role is based at New Cross Hospital (Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust) but is employed by UHNM based in Stoke on Trent.
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Flexible and agile working options available
- NHS Pension available
- Some travel is required between sites in Staffordshire and the Black Country but this is not excessive.
- Access to all NHS benefits
- Start date ASAP
Interviews to take place on the 9th October Public sector experience is not essential for this role. Please apply now for immediate consideration.