£26 - £35 per hour + + flexible working arrangements
11 months ago
2x Advisory Lawyers - Government Legal Department
Contract - 9 months
£26 - 35 per hour
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 Advisory Lawyer to join a Government Legal Department in London for a minimum of 9 months. The successful candidate will be a qualified Lawyer (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent) and will have strong public law experience. The NHS Team in DHSC Legal Advisers is responsible for advising on restrictions related to Covid-19 social distancing.
The ideal candidate for this Advisory Lawyer role will have:
- UK or Commonwealth Qualified Lawyer (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent)
- Strong public law experience
- 3+ years of post-qualified experience
- Experience of working for one of the regulators of the medical professions or DHSC arms' length bodies would be a clear advantage.
- Experience drafting policy legislation would also be highly desirable.
The successful candidate for this Advisory Lawyer role will be required to:
- Providing advice to clients considering public law issues
- Drafting secondary legislation or instructing more experienced drafters
- Providing litigation support on high profile judicial reviews
- Working from home Exclusively with a view to flexible working from their Westminster office in the future
- Central Government role
- 12 month contract with likely extension based on performance
- £26-35 per hour
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our London office for a confidential discussion..
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.