Tyne and Wear
£15 - £20 per hour
0191 261 8585
6 Month Contract
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Support Technician to join a large public sector organisation in South Tyneside. This is a temporary contract due to last 6 months.
The overall purpose of the Support Technician will be to provide day to day 2nd line support and maintenance to the desktop and end-user devices, to work with other teams and contribute to other projects within the Digital and ICT Service.
Responsibilities of the Support Technician will include:
- Assess and resolve a broad range of 2nd Line Support queries linked to end-user devices (e.g. laptops, PCs, tablets) and software. This will include 2nd Line support for M365
- Escalate issues to other teams within the D&ICT Service or external support providers and work with them to ensure the user receives a resolution
- Install, configure and test end-user hardware and software systems
- Provide advice, guidance, training and support to users in respect end-user devices, software and relevant policies
- Assist with the installation and support of data and voice networks and systems
- Contribute to projects to implement end user self-service, IT Service Management etc
The ideal candidate will:
- Have relevant work experience in a similar role
- Have good working knowledge of MS Windows 8.1/10 and MS Office Products
- Have good diagnostic capabilities, particularly around desktop operating systems
- Be customer and solution-focused and committed to developing the right and best outcome
Knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
- Microsoft 365 Products
- Microsoft SCCM
- Endpoint Security
- Citrix thin client technologies
- Active Directory support and management
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Ellie Turner in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a marketleading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.