£42000 - £50000 per annum
Sellick Partnership are currently sourcing a Systems Accountant for a well-established organisation based in the North West. The client that we are representing has recently been through a major period of change and has recognised the need for a strong individual to join the finance team. With a well established team already in place, our client requires a Systems Accountant to drive change and development.
The successful applicant for the role of Systems Accountant will lead on the implementation, development and maintenance of finance systems to support internal and external reporting requirements.
Once in the role, the Systems Accountant will be responsible for:
- Lead on the maintenance and development of all finance related systems
- Responsible for all systems configuration, parameters and reporting outputs
- Develop and document systems procedures to ensure the integrity of the financial information is maintained
- Provide professional systems support and advice within the business
- Play a major role in the evaluation and implementation of any new management information systems, directly or indirectly related to Finance
- Set-up reporting hierarchies and balance tables, and produce consistent reporting formats subject to user requirements
- Co-ordinate any bespoke programming in-house or liaise directly with software suppliers to undertake bespoke changes to functionality of the system
- Liaise directly with the IT department to arrange installation of software upgrades, hardware maintenance and data files back-up and retrieval
- Responsible for the interface routines to/from existing feeder systems
- Evaluate other potential data interface opportunities
- Oversee operation of help-desk and user support facility
- Co-ordinate financial systems training needs for all end-users. Co-ordinate the delivery of training courses and production of training documentation
The ideal candidate for the Systems Accountant role will demonstrate:
- Experience of leading on the management, control and assurance of corporate finance systems and data within. E.g. Agresso
- Experience of working collaboratively with multiple internal departments or external stakeholders to ensure accurate reporting and financial management of a large organisation
- Experience of staff management
- High degree of experience in the use of Microsoft Office. g. Excel
- Experience of providing systems related training to stakeholders with different needs
- Qualified accountant. (ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) or other international equivalent
- Advanced SQL code writing knowledge/ ability
- Able to adopt an active, approach to problem solving and managing change
- Demonstrates initiative, capable of prioritising work and completing tasks to tight deadlines
- Deputises for the Senior Finance Business Partner from time to time and as appropriate
- Effectively engages the wider organisation to promote a culture of realistic and evidence based forecasting of income and expenditure
The successful applicant will be a Qualified Accountant, have extensive systems knowledge and experience, will be able to demonstrate leadership and communications skills, and will be confident with system implementation and upgrades.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.