Manchester, Greater Manchester
£33000 - £40000 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting on behalf of a not for profit client based within Greater Manchester, for a Systems Accountant, for a duration of 12 months. This role will be instrumental in the continual effective running of the core finance system. You will be responsible for reporting on, and managing projects to streamline finance processes, both within the team and the wider organisation
The role :
- Work through systems integration, proving guidance and support during UAT, migration and post implementation activities
- To be the Systems Accountant for the core finance system, working towards minimising the use of spreadsheets
- To understand the capabilities of the current system, to allow better utilisation
- To observe financial processes within the team, and out to the business to identify inefficiencies
- To set up, monitor and deliver on key performance indicators across the department, aiming to deliver continuous improvement
- To rebuild the chart of accounts through the system
- To work through process improvement, process mapping and user testing
- Experience of working within a finance setting, specifically within a systems capacity
- Experience of maintaining systems and financial control
- Proven track record of working through a change environment
- Extremely proficient in excel and report writing
- Previously worked through a system integration or system implementation
- Ideally to have working knowledge of Open Accounts, although this isn't an essential requirement
This role is to initially be a 12 month contract, but there is potentially an opportunity for a permanent post, once the 12 months has expired. This is dependent upon the needs within the business to retain this skillset, which cannot be clarified at this stage, hence why they are recruiting for a 12 month duration at this stage.
Only candidates that have a background of working through system changes, enhancements, integration or implementation will be considered for this role.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this opportunity then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website