Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£31000 - £34600 per annum
over 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Systems Accountant to join a Central Government organisation in Newcastle upon Tyne. Your role as Systems Accountant will be challenging and exciting, providing efficient and effective financial systems support to all of its customers.
The Finance department is currently undertaking a full review of its main financial and business systems in order to enable more agile and integrated systems, delivering efficiencies through process redesign, process automation and self-service system functionality.
- To lead the development of the integrated financial system in order to deal with emerging problems and to ensure that the system remains viable in a dynamic environment
- To be heavily involved in key projects to improve and re-design the integrated Finance/Payroll system including maximising the use of self-service functionality including the development and management of relevant mobile apps
- To assist with the internal review of all finance processes so as to provide expert advice on areas were the system can be used to help drive out process inefficiencies and to help enhance the user experience.
- Monitor all systems-based processes, ensuring adequate process documentation is in place.
- To lead assigned staff in respect to the daily administration of the integrated finance/payroll system and relevant interfaces
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years' experience working as part of a finance systems team alongside technical expertise developing and maintaining a finance system.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position then please contact Helen Dodds at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.