Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£40000 - £50000 per annum
6 months ago
Sellick Partnership have been engaged to support with the recruitment of an experienced Tax and Compliance Accountant to join a professional body with a global reputation for a period of 12 months. This opportunity could well suit a Financial Accountant with an interest in Tax.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for VAT accounting, including quarterly VAT return and preparation of VAT certificates and EC Sales submission.
- Responsible for the annual Corporation tax and other statutory HMRC returns.
- Provide advice and guidance on direct and indirect tax related issues, including international tax, liaising with external advisors where relevant.
- Keep up to date with corporation tax and VAT legislative changes and requirements as well as identification of opportunities for tax efficiencies, as appropriate, through attendance at external events and seeking advice from external taxation experts.
- Provide assistance with employment tax compliance and advice in relation to global mobility.
- Developing a tax strategy, involving a review of the tax aspects of the business's overseas activity and operations.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of UK GAAP in addition to VAT and or Corporation Tax. The current team are working remotely and in future we anticipate a blended approach incorporating remote working with some campus-based engagements.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.