Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25 - £59000 per annum + Pension
3 months ago
Excellent opportunity to join a national market leading retail business at their UK head office in Manchester. The successful Tax Manager will ideally have in-house Tax experience or be looking to move out of a large practice with Corporate Tax exposure.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller the tax manager will be responsible for for looking after all areas of UK Tax Compliance for the business. This will include corporate tax, VAT and indirect tax, PAYE and employment tax and R&D Tax. core duties will include;
* To perform and ensure the accurate recording of all tax related costs across the business
* Be the direct point of contact with HMRC
* To ensure the correct and appropriate preparation and submission of all annual tax returns in line with the Company's and statutory reporting deadlines
* To ensure the correct calculation of the Quarterly Instalment Payments for, liaising with Group to ensure an appropriate level of Group relief has been taken into account and to ensure all tax payments are made on time
* To ensure the correct and appropriate recording of VAT within the businesses. Ensure appropriate processes are put in place to ensure VAT is captured at the correct rate. Review the monthly VAT return and ensure the VAT returns are submitted in a timely manner on a monthly basis
* To ensure the accurate recording of capital allowances that can be claimed by the businesses. Liaising with the relevant teams across the businesses within Finance and the wider business to ensure appropriate processes are in place to capture the required information correctly
* To act as the subject matter expert in Finance and to the wider business for all tax related matters. Overseeing the relationship with HR (tax related reward and benefit matters, PAYE & NI submissions, other levies)
* Responsible for the review of the tax and appropriate balance sheet accounts, their preparation, accuracy and accurate resolution on a monthly basis as part of the management accounts process.
* To be the main point of contact between the business and the Group for Tax purposes
* To take ownership for tax planning across the business and build the strategy and processes to help drive overall tax reductions in line with the business plan over the medium term
* To manage and communicate with internal and external audit on all areas of tax
For more information on this role please contact Martin ASAP. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.