Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £75000 per annum
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Group International Tax Manager for a leading Financial Services business in Manchester. The business has rapidly grown through organic growth and acquisition and boasts a range of services.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading business in a period of growth and transformative change. The role is in a fast-paced, plc organisation where you will have the chance to increase responsibilities and take on new challenges in a supportive and encouraging environment. You will work for and support a very impressive Group Head of Tax with responsibility for supporting the Group's overseas businesses across all their taxes, working alongside divisional finance teams in overseas locations.
The role is suited to a dynamic and experienced tax professional with experience of international tax across Europe. It will require some travel to our European sites, but will not require long periods of time away from home.
General duties but not limited to:-
- Oversight and responsibility for all aspects of tax compliance in the Group's international companies, working closely with the finance teams and external advisers in each overseas business;
- Assistance in the oversight and central co-ordination of corporate tax risks arising from tax issues and audits;
- Providing tax advisory support to business expansion including recommendations in respect of legal entity structure;
- Withholding tax management and assistance with tax treaty claims;
- Keeping up to date with international tax developments and recommend any necessary actions in response to potential changes, including liaison with overseas finance teams to ensure a full understanding of, and compliance with, any changes;
- Assist with the management of transfer pricing across the group, including reviewing existing processes, liaison with finance teams in respect to policies and assisting in the preparation of transfer pricing documentation; and
- Identification of opportunities to maximise tax efficiencies across all international businesses.
The successful applicant will be either a fully qualified ACA or CTA either making their first move from practice or coming from a similar role, who wants to join a growing business. You will have a broad range of exposure, managing overseas tax structuring, tax reporting and compliance across both direct and indirect taxation.
Experience of financial services is preferable and experience in international tax is essential. Confidence in liaising directly with overseas finance teams and an understanding of governance requirements within a listed plc. Strong organisational and communication skills and the ability to effectively drive projects forward and be commercially minded and self-motivated.
You will be able to communicate with a range of stakeholders and present information to non-financial senior management members. A broad tax experience would benefit this role removing the need for extensive external advisory support.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.