Darlington, County Durham
£40000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are working with an award winning firm of Chartered Accountants to recruit a Tax Manager into their team in Darlington. The successful Tax Manager will have experience of working in a professional practice and have possess strong managerial skills as well as relevant professional qualifications.
- Providing tax advice to a portfolio of predominantly owner-managed businesses.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities to raise with clients.
- Ensuring that all compliance is completed in good time and deadlines are met.
- Management and development of the tax trainees.
- To manage your own client portfolio.
- To review tax returns prepared by junior team members.
- To prepare more complex tax computations.
- Preparation and review of tax accounting disclosures in company accounts.
- Tax audit review work.
- Assisting in preparing P11Ds.
- To provide support on planning projects and research technical issues on advisory work such as asset/business sales, succession planning and tax residency issues.
- To start dealing with more complex client queries (internal and external) and provide tax planning advice.
- To attend client meetings.
- Planning and executing the longer-term strategy of the department along with the departmental partner and directors.
- Contribute to winning new client work.
- Key skills:
- CTA qualified with a background of working in tax.
- Competent in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- High level of numeracy.
- Methodical approach to work.
- An aptitude for detailed work.
- Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills with both staff and clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions, solve problems and take appropriate action.
In addition to a competitive salary, my client is offering a contributory pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays and the option for employees to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year. All employees get access to Perkbox and they also offer a cycle to work scheme and a discounted health scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please do get in touch.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.