Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Location: Manchester (remote working is available but there is a need to be based in the Manchester office at least 1 day per week)
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Tax Manager for a leading Financial Services business in Manchester. The business has rapidly grown through organic growth and acquisition and boasts a range of services in a number of countries.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading business in a period of growth and transformative change. The role is in a fast-paced, plc organisation where you will have the chance to increase responsibilities and take on new challenges in a supportive and encouraging environment. You will work for and support a very impressive Group Head of Tax with responsibility for supporting the Group's UK and Irish businesses across all their taxes, working alongside divisional finance teams.
The role is suited to a dynamic and experienced tax professional with experience of UK tax, including corporation tax and VAT. It may involve some UK travel but this is expected to be minimal. The UK Tax Manager will support the Group Head of Tax in managing tax matters across the UK and Ireland, including:
- Oversight and responsibility for all aspects of tax compliance for the Group's UK companies, including bringing the preparation and submission of the UK tax returns in-house.
- Preparation and submission of UK and Irish VAT returns and business support in relation to ad hoc VAT queries.
- Preparation and submission of various other tax returns, including CT61s and PSA calculations.
- Support with the group reporting process at half year and year end including preparation of UK tax calculations, the overall group consolidation and drafting of tax disclosures for the group accounts.
- Assistance in the oversight and central co-ordination of corporate tax risks arising from tax issues and audits.
- Provision of tax advisory support across the business.
- Withholding tax management and assistance with tax treaty claims.
- Assistance with the management of transfer pricing across the group, including review of existing processes, liaison with finance teams in respect to policies and assistance in the preparation of transfer pricing documentation.
- Identification of opportunities to maximise tax efficiencies across all the UK businesses.
- Provision of ad-hoc and holiday cover for the Treasury Manager.
The successful applicant will be either a fully qualified ACA or CTA either making their first move from practice or coming from a similar role, who wants to join a growing business.
Experience of financial services is preferable and experience in UK tax is essential, primarily corporation tax and VAT, including tax compliance and reporting.
Confidence in liaising directly with overseas finance teams and an understanding of governance requirements within a listed plc. Strong organisational and communication skills and the ability to effectively drive projects forward and be commercially minded and self-motivated.
You will be able to communicate with a range of stakeholders and present information to non-financial senior management members. A broad tax experience would benefit this role removing the need for extensive external advisory support.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.