Manchester, Greater Manchester
£65000 - £80000 per annum
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Tax Manager for a leading Financial Services business in Manchester. The business has rapidly grown through organic growth and acquisition and boasts a range of services in a number of countries.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading business in a period of growth and transformative change. The role is in a fast-paced, plc organisation where you will have the chance to increase responsibilities and take on new challenges in a supportive and encouraging environment. You will work for and support a very impressive Group Head of Tax with responsibility for supporting the Group's UK businesses across all their taxes, working alongside divisional finance teams.
The role is suited to a dynamic and experienced tax professional with experience of UK tax, including corporation tax and VAT. The UK Tax Manager will support the Group Head of Tax in managing tax matters across the UK, including:
- Oversight and responsibility for all aspects of tax compliance for the Group's UK companies, including bringing the preparation and submission of the UK tax returns in-house.
- Preparation and submission of UK and Irish VAT returns and business support in relation to ad hoc VAT queries.
- Preparation and submission of various other tax returns.
- Support with the group reporting process at half year and year end including preparation of UK tax calculations, the overall group consolidation and drafting of tax disclosures for the group accounts.
- Assistance in the oversight and central co-ordination of corporate tax risks arising from tax issues and audits.
- Provision of tax advisory support across the business.
- Withholding tax management and assistance with tax treaty claims.
- Assistance with the management of transfer pricing across the group, including review of existing processes, liaison with finance teams in respect to policies and assistance in the preparation of transfer pricing documentation.
- Identification of opportunities to maximise tax efficiencies across all the UK businesses.
- Provision of ad-hoc and holiday cover for the Treasury Manager.
The successful applicant will be either a fully qualified ACA or CTA either making their first move from practice or coming from a similar role, who wants to join a growing business.
Experience of financial services is preferable and experience in UK tax is essential, primarily corporation tax and VAT, including tax compliance and reporting.
Confidence in liaising directly with overseas finance teams and an understanding of governance requirements within a listed plc. Strong organisational and communication skills and the ability to effectively drive projects forward and be commercially minded and self-motivated.
You will be able to communicate with a range of stakeholders and present information to non-financial senior management members. A broad tax experience would benefit this role removing the need for extensive external advisory support.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.