Up to £55000 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting for a Tax Manager to join a well-established organisation based in Derbyshire on a 6 month FTC.
The purpose of the Tax Manager will be required to develop, promote and implement a highly effective tax management procedure for the organisation and to support future business planning and international development with proactive tax advice.
Duties of the Tax Manager include:
- Develop a tax strategy covering the tax affairs of the organisation and its subsidiary undertakings to minimise the irrecoverable VAT and optimize other tax liabilities.
- Undertake early stage tax planning on a range of projects initiated across the University, providing input and advice to senior managers on tax, risk and compliance issues.
- Initiate new proposals to optimise the tax liabilities of the organisations, making a business case to the Director of Finance, securing the buy-in of senior management to proposals, taking into account the risk appetite.
- Ensure that the University group's VAT and corporate tax affairs are dealt with in accordance with current legislation, including liaison with advisors and the tax authorities as necessary.
The suitable candidate will have the following:
- Professional qualification (ideally CTA qualified) or relevant experience.
- Substantial experience of providing tax advice in a large complex organisation
- Substantial in-depth knowledge of indirect tax.
- Experience of liaising with HMRC.
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Alex Rowland.
*Interviews will be taking place immediately*
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice