£25000 - £32000 per annum + additional benefits
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for an award-winning Accountancy Practice in Derby who are looking to grow their stable Tax team and require an experienced Tax Senior. This firm pride themselves on their progressive opportunities and the extensive development and flexibility they offer to all of their staff. Therefore, if you are looking for a supportive and growing business, I would highly recommend this firm to any Tax candidates.
The client is open to hearing from any experienced Practice Tax candidates, including candidates who are looking for flexible or part-time hours, as well as full time.
Duties of the Tax Senior include:
- Prepare Personal and Corporate Tax Returns, including preparation of tax computations and draft own correspondence to client.
- Calculate tax liabilities and payments on account and to advise the client how and when these become payable.
- When required, to meet with clients to discuss Tax Returns, answer any other general queries and to draft correspondence on their behalf concerning their tax affairs.
- Raise queries directly with HM Revenue & Customs and resolve these, and to answer any enquiries from HMRC as required.
- Prepare budgets in respect of time costs for each Tax Return and agree with the appropriate manager.
- Prepare bills for allocated clients, agreeing the level of fee with the tax managers/partners.
- Justify any discrepancies from budgeted time to own manager, and to make recommendations re adjustment of fees.
- Carry out ad hoc tax consultancy work as allocated by the Tax Managers.
- Review Tax Returns prepared by other staff.
- Providing assistance and technical guidance to trainee members of the department.
- Provide training to trainee members of staff and secondees regarding the preparation of Tax Returns.
- Keep up to date with current tax legislation by reading, attending seminars and courses etc.
- Other ad hoc duties.
The suitable candidate will have the following:
- Proven experience within a similar Tax role, completing similar duties as above
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
In return, the company is offering excellent benefits and a flexible working routine.
If you feel your experience matches this role's requirements please apply for immediate consideration. Interviews will be taking place ASAP.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice