Up to £52611 per annum
11 months ago
Commercial Contracts and Property Team Leader
£52,611+ £1,000 car allowance
We are delighted to be recruiting for a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Contracts and Property Team Leader at a reputable Local Authority based in the South East on a permanent basis.
Our Client is looking for experienced lawyers to join their friendly team, working varied caseloads across the three partner authorities. This is a great career step. You will continually be stretched with challenging cases/projects which will need your technical abilities and positive approach. Attendance at some evening committee meetings may be required.
This reputable council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employee and volunteers to share this commitment.
Benefits include excellent annual leave, entry to the Local Government Pension Scheme, low interest car loan scheme and flexible working including home-working. The partner councils all promote policies which support work-life balance and they are equally flexible about work arrangements for the successful candidate.
A Commercial Team Leader with local authority experience is highly preferable, however our client is willing to consider Commercial lawyers from various backgrounds with transferable skills.
Duties for the Commercial Contracts and Property Team Leader include the following but are not subject to:
- To lead and manage the Property and Contracts team ensuring that it provides legal services to the authorities in accordance with Lexcel standards and in a way that reflects the Council values.
- To be the most senior fee earner in the Property and Contracts team providing high level legal advice services to elected members, including committees and to senior managers and staff across the authorities and to any other customer services in accordance with Lexcel standards and in a way that reflects the council values.
- To keep abreast of legal developments in the field of either property and regeneration or contracts and commissioning to ensure that the Property and Contracts team operates in accordance with modern good practice.
- To support the Head of Legal Partnership/Principal Lawyer (Commercial) in the delivery of the vision agreed by the Shared Services Board.
- To promote the work of council within the areas authorities and to improve and maintain understanding of legal procedures by providing training, seminars and guidance notes in the field of property and regeneration/contracts and commissioning to client departments. To also promote the work of the council externally, to the benefit of the local authorities, customers and staff.
If you are interested, please apply immediately to be considered for short-listing and for the full Job Description. Alternatively, should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying, please do not hesitate to contact Zanub Najmi in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.