£160 - £190 per day
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership have been engaged to recruit for a Capital Accountant with a high level of technical ability for a well-established public sector organisation based in the North West. The client has recognised a need for additional resource to lead on Capital Accounting and assist with strategic decisions.
Typically, you will:
* Lead on Capital Accounting issues
* Support with the production of Financial Statements, and especially in the production of Annual Accounts and Charitable Fund Accounts to comply with standards and legislation
* Provide support to Financial Services Technical Accounting division to ensure completion of duties to a professional standard
* Support members of the Senior Team to make decisions and contribute to overall strategies for the Finance function
* Provide operational support to the Head of Financial Services in the delivery of all statutory accounts and returns
* Maintain trial balance and balance sheet integrity on a monthly basis, whilst understanding the inter-relationship between I&E and balance sheet
* Support with the interpretation and implementation of new and revised Accounting Standards
* Maintain the Asset Register
* Develop and enhance Capital Reporting processes
* Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA)
* High technical ability and understanding of processes and balance sheet accounts
* Previous experience delivering similar duties
* Public Sector experience would be desirable
* Knowledge and understanding of Oracle Financials
* Experience of delivering period-end reporting including year-end
* Understanding and experience of developing and applying financial policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will be available at short notice, have previous experience in similar positions within Public Sector organisations, and will be able to demonstrate and deliver work of a high technical standard.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.