City of London, London
£130000 - £135700 per annum + Home Working, 30 days Holiday, 10% Pen
8 months ago
Sellick Partnership has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technical Director (Finance, Governance and Reporting) to join a dynamic and highly regarded organisation who have a genuine impact on the way in which the Uk operate, in regards to IFRS. The Perfect Technical Director will have the opportunity to genuinely make a difference and become a public figure within this sector.
The Technical Director will support the Chair in developing the strategy and work agenda, and its delivery, to agreed timescales and in line with the relevant legislative requirements.
Key accountabilities are:
- Developing the regulatory strategy in conjunction with the Chair and Operations Director, as a basis for the annual budget
- Ensuring that the UK Board's statutory functions are being properly executed in line with its guiding principles.
- Monitoring relevant developments domestically and internationally and assessing their impact on the achievement of the Board's statutory objectives.
- Representing the organisation at national and international events.
- Leading the development and delivery of the technical and research work plan in accordance with the Board's direction and agreed timescales.
- In conjunction with the Chair and Operations Director, setting the agenda for Board meetings and ensuring the timely preparation of technical papers for discussion at the Board's sessions. (These will be held publicly)
- Leading and developing a team of Technical accounting and other experts.
- Ensuring processes are in place to enable delivery of high-quality technical work.
- Ensuring the technical work adheres to due process requirements with sufficiently wide-ranging consultations to inform objective, balanced and evidence-based decisions.
- Working with the Chair and the Operations Director to set the culture of the organisation, following the guiding principles of transparency, accountability, independence and thought leadership.
- Supporting with policy development in relation to wider corporate reporting so far as it relates to the organisation, including assessment and negotiations on accounting equivalence with the EU and other jurisdictions.
The perfect Technical Director:
- Commercial awareness and political sensitivity on the impact of adopting financial reporting standards.
- A good understanding of the due processes of the international accounting standard-setting process and related organisations.
- A comprehensive and in-depth technical accounting expertise in IFRS and financial reporting.
- An in-depth understanding of the use of financial reporting to enhance the transparency and accountability of entities listed on capital markets and their impact on the wider economy.
- A sound understanding of the UK's corporate reporting framework.
- A comprehensive understanding of the issues that may be relevant to the process for assessing whether proposed or published IFRS are conducive to the UK public good.
- Able to create, maintain and growth relationships with senior stakeholders
- Able to contribute to the development of financial reporting globally.
- Able to debate, willing to listen and to synthesize others' views to agree on the way forward on projects.
- Able to analyse complex issues, identify salient aspects, the risks involved and potential options.
- Able to prioritise the work and delegate to staff members to deliver the work agenda to agreed timescales.
- Able to foster a team environment and develop and mentor staff members with a diverse range of backgrounds and expertise.
- Has high credibility in the financial reporting community.
- Competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 10%.
- Staff Employee Assistance Programme including confidential counselling and work life services
- Strong work life balance - Very flexible work from home scheme
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.