South Shields, Tyne and Wear
£43000 - £46000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a Further Education organisation South of the Tyne to appoint an interm Technical Finance Lead. The Technical Finance Lead is required for at least 6 months with the potential to remain with the business on a permanent basis.
- Support the Head of Finance in the identification of and bidding for funding opportunities from government bodies, Devolved Authorities, Local Enterprise Partnerships etc.
- Preparation of funding body and other statutory returns within the ESFA deadlines.
- Responsible for the data co-ordination and completion of Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reports.
- Completion of financial returns to the Office for National Statistics as required.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the outsourced catering contracts.
- Prepare reports and provide analysis on finance issues as requested.
- Work with colleagues to ensure the finance processes are undertaken timely and accurately.
- Co-ordinate the completion of the statutory Annual Report and Financial Statements.
- Preparation of funding body returns
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Preparing financial reports for non-finance personnel
- Managing the nominal ledger and ensuring month end and year end processes are undertaken
- Experience of financial management in an educational environment
- An understanding of FE funding methodology
- Experience of managing change and implementing new processes and procedures
My client is looking for someone to join as soon as possible. We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.