about 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently partnered with a global General Insurer as they seek to recruit a new Actuarial Data Scientist to work across their Personal and Commercial lines of business.
Our client have been implementing a variety of Machine Learning techniques across their Actuarial function and are now looking to recruit a highly analytical individual following a sustained period of growth and expansion.
This is a rare opportunity for a bright and engaging individual with a keen interest in Data Science / Actuarial techniques to make an immediate impact within a market-leading organisation.
Responsibilities of the Actuarial Data Scientist:
- Build a variety of predictive models using specialist software (Emblem)
- Use tools such as SAS to analyse and prepare data
- Implement a variety of Machine Learning techniques using open source Data Science tools such as R and Python
- Work across different Actuarial teams, including Pricing and Reserving
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders to provide cutting-edge MI
Key skills of the Actuarial Data Scientist:
- Outstanding academic record within the STEM field would be highly advantageous
- Demonstrable interest in the UK General Insurance industry is a must
- Demonstrable track record of using R and Python
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Desire to qualify as an Actuary would be advantageous but is not essential
There is a highly competitive package on offer including full Actuarial study support, flexible working and the opportunity to rapidly progress within an organisation that invests in its people.
If this role sounds like it could be of interest please contact Josh Spencer on email@example.com or apply below with your CV.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.