Treasury Management Officer
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a large public sector organisation based in Newcastle in the recruitment of a Treasury Management Officer. The position will be on a contract basis which will initially last 6 months.
Reporting to the Head of Service, the Treasury Management Officer is responsible for the professional lead in a specialist area of work, including the delivery of project plans and the performance and objective of a service area.
- To monitor and report on the Treasury Management position on a continuous basis
- To prepare financial statements (including cash flows) and reports on treasury management as required
- To assist in developing and implementing financial management and accounting systems necessary for the efficient operation of financial management and monitoring revenue, capital and balance sheet transactions
- To assist in setting key budget objectives for the Authority
- To ensure the proper management of all bank accounts ensuring appropriate policies, procedures and management practices are in place
- To prepare financial plans, forecasts, strategies and statements, as necessary
- To assist in the development and implementation of innovative solutions to service delivery
- To carry out financial appraisals and analysis in relation to Treasury Management and provide financial advice to senior finance staff to assist in decision-making
- To ensure the Authority has systems and process in place that ensure Payment Card Industry Compliance
- To attend committees, meetings and working groups as required
- To produce reports and statements for these meetings, and briefings to senior staff
- Qualified to degree or equivalent level in a relevant field with significant experience.
- Ability to use relevant knowledge in order to develop solutions or deal with issues
- Ability to manage/work with a range of different teams
- Ability to follow and apply Human Resource policy and guidance
- Knowledge of Treasury Management Practice
- Experience of project management principles
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of planning for and leading change.
- At least 3 years' experience at a senior level of providing a Treasury Management service
If you are interested in this position please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website