Up to £32000 per annum + Company Van
about 2 months ago
Void Works Supervisor
Manage and lead the Void Trade Operatives ensuring that personal, financial, and performance targets are either achieved or exceeded.
To foster a culture based on performance and focus on continuous improvement, exceptional customer service delivery, delivering value for money, and actively promoting and supporting Health, Safety and the Environment in the workplace.
- The main focus of the Void Works Supervisor is to manage a team of Engineers to deliver service requirements, including planning workloads, monitoring the quality of work and directing work ensuring completion within target timescales on empty properties that require major work carrying out to them.
- This can be anything from major damp repairs to capital component replacements such as a full property rewire, bathroom or kitchen replacement etc.
- Ensuring that properties are repaired to the companies lettable standard and returned to the lettings team ready to let in the shortest time possible but without compromising the quality of workmanship, also ensuring on a daily basis that sufficient resource is available to carry out the required workload and that productivity is optimised.
- This is an important role in so much that speed of turnaround is crucial when calculating the monthly KPI figure for both minor and major voids.
- To monitor and directly control the use of other resources including materials, plant, vehicles, hand held devices etc. and ensure that your Operatives have the correct van stocks, tools and equipment to carry out their daily tasks
- To manage and actively monitor the use of sub-contractors and suppliers
- To carry out works pre and post void inspections
- Review and act upon the daily Work In Progress (WIP) report taking all actions necessary to ensure that work is progressed in a timely manner.
- Carry out weekly and monthly Operative and Site inspections
- Provide strong leadership to, and management of, your Engineers
- Ensure exceptional standards of customer service delivery
- Achieve or exceed key performance indicators and financial targets
- Manage your Team and responsibilities in accordance with legal & regulatory requirements and the companies policies and procedures
- Manage performance for all staff in accordance with companies performance management framework
- Operate and maintain safety management systems in accordance with the requirements of companies Health &
- Safety policies and promote Health, Safety, and Environmental awareness in the workplace through positive and identifiable managerial actions and interventions
- Act immediately concerning any breach of Health, Safety, and Environmental policy, procedures or rules, unsafe situations, or potential threats to people or the environment
- Ensure that the companies vehicles issued to the team are maintained and driven in accordance with the companies drivers handbook.
- To keep an active log of material concerns from all suppliers, and actively monitor stock of key components and request bulk ordering as and when required.
- To deputise for other Supervisors within the company to cover sickness and annual leave as required.
- To provide technical support and advise to the engineers within the team they are managing, ensuring best practice measures are in place.
- To manage and monitor the use of sub-contractors and suppliers, including producing performance data on a monthly basis for the subcontractor meetings.
- Minimum NVQ level 2 or City & Guilds in trades related discipline or equivalent experience.
Skills & Experience
- Understanding of the Social Housing Market, Voids, and Repairs and Maintenance service delivery
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Schedules of Rates and Standard Minute Values, with an appreciation and understanding of all trades.
- Highly effective work organiser.
- Financially aware, including being conscious of minimising costs whilst optimising productivity.
- An understanding of Capital and Revenue budgets and the difference between the two.
- Excellent communicator demonstrating high degree of customer care.
- Working knowledge and compliance with health and safety requirements
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please apply now.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice