Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
about 2 months ago
Waste Site Operative
Waste Site Operative required to join a public sector organisation in Middlesbrough. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Waste Site Operative to join their team on a temporary basis.
As the Waste Site Operative you will be carrying out housekeeping duties within the site, i.e. litter-picking, site sweeping, cleaning of weighbridge office and rest facilities.
Key responsibilities of the Waste Site Operative:
- Contribute to the upkeep and maintenance of a sustainable environment through a range of tasks relating to waste management and site maintenance and work collaboratively with colleagues to enhance the efficiency of the site operations
- 'Meet and greet' all users of the site in a professional and informative manner, to ensure that they are directed to the correct area for recycling of their materials and on procedures which are applicable to ensure compliance with the site rules and management plan
- Carry out housekeeping duties within the site, i.e. litter-picking, site sweeping, cleaning of weighbridge office and rest facilities
- Undertake quality checks of materials, to sort, segregate and on occasion be required to operate the telehandler and weighbridge, in order to improve the amount and quality of materials sent for recycling
- Handle and load bulky and sometimes heavy waste items e.g. furniture and fridges
- Undertake traffic management duties and act as a reverse assistant when required
- Completion of duties in accordance with the specification of tasks, work schedule, target times and customer requirements
- Comply with all legislation and Health & Safety requirements in relation to all equipment and chemicals, site rules and procedures
- Ensure that all dangerous occurrences, incidents or accidents are reported immediately to the site supervisor
Required skills and experience of the Waste Site Operative:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake a range of waste management and site operational tasks
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Waste Site Operative role, please apply now, or contact Lucie Houston at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.