Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
6 months ago
Waste Site Supervisor
Waste Site Supervisor required to join a public sector organisation in Teeside. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Waste Site Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
As the Waste Site Supervisor you will be ensuring the day to day maintenance of a safe, sustainable environment.
Key responsibilities of the Waste Site Supervisor:
- Operating specialist heavy plant equipment including the telehandler and weighbridge
- Assigning, supervising, monitoring and contributing to all housekeeping duties on site, including segregation and manual handling of waste, site cleanliness, use and cleaning of weighbridge and maintenance of the rest facilities
- Undertaking on-going quality checks of materials, to sort, segregate and weigh materials, in order to increase and improve the quality of materials sent for recycling
- Overseeing the operation of the weighbridge, control the flow of traffic and deliver instruction to site users to ensure that correct safe working procedures are followed and act as a reverse assistant when required
- Producing and maintaining all service records and information in relation to staff management, training and development, productivity, legislative compliance and resources
- Organising for the transfer of all wastes from the TRC and completing the required statutory paperwork to accompany this, maintaining records for all waste transferred into and out of the site
- Ensuring all operatives and site users operate in accordance with the Health & Safety requirements, the Environmental permit and the site management plan
- Contributing to the investigation of accidents and the development and review of risk assessments
- Undertaking regular inspections of the site and all equipment, including heavy plant and fire safety equipment and be responsible for reporting any faults or defects
- When/if required initiating the emergency plan e.g. in circumstances of accident, floods, spillage of pollutants
- Resolving external and internal operational service issues, ensuring learning outcomes are implemented
- Contributing to the delivery of the service area's performance framework which includes staff development and performance management
Required skills and experience of the Waste Site Supervisor:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of operating a telehandler
- Previous waste disposal experience
- Low level supervisory experience
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Waste Site Supervisor role, please apply now, or contact Lucie Houston at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.