£350 - £400 per day
about 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership have been tasked to recruit a Year-End Accountant for a Local Authority in Northamptonshire. This is an excellent opportunity that will not only play a part during a crucial time of year, but give the successful applicant the opportunity to have a massive input on the Authority's future with a long-term contract.
Key responsibilities of the Year-End Accountant:
- Closure of Local Government accounts from its infancy through to the statement of accounts completion
- Co-ordination of the closedown process across partner organisation officers
- Business partnering with Head of Services
- Budget monitoring/planning/setting
- Plan and co-ordinate the annual budget setting process
The successful Year-End Accountant will:
- Have extensive Local Government year-end experience
- Be a fully CCAB qualified Accountant or qualified by experience
- Have previous staff management/leadership experience
- Be able to clearly communicate financial information to senior colleagues
- Excellent length of contract - initially 9 months but potential of up to 18 months
- Competitive rates
Please note we are aiming for a January start, although potentially flexible with the right candidate. To be considered, candidates MUST HAVE extensive, Local Government year-end experience due to the nature of the role.
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.