Youth Development Worker
Youth Development Worker
37 Hours pw
Temporary on going
Our client are currently seeking a highly experienced Youth Development Worker
· To coach young people using a range of tools and choice options, you will nurture the natural talents and skills of young people to ensure effective transformational change
· Lead on project activity planning, developing environmental initiatives, fundraising and empowering leadership potential through partnerships
· Promote strong engagement with young people
· Ensure responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and/or adults at risk
· Provide a dynamic, high quality, responsive, young person led service
· Ensure the service operates an environment that is conducive to a coaching atmosphere and embraces a learning approach
· Coach young people using a range of tools and choice options such as Advantage Thinking
· Nurture the natural talents and skills of young people to ensure effective transformational change
· Support young people to engage in education, training and employment opportunities
· Build relationships with key stakeholders - both internal and external agencies
· Promote strong engagement with residents through project activity planning, developing environmental initiatives, fundraising and empowering leadership potential through partnerships
· Achieve positive outcomes for young people and partner agencies by creating effective networking relationships
The Successful person will have:
· Experience of working effectively with young people with diverse strengths, needs and aspirations and an awareness of needs and risk assessments.
· Understanding, or experience, of issues surrounding young people and/or homelessness and an awareness of associated risk management: alcohol and substance misuse, mental health, self-harm, offending behaviour.
· Knowledge and understanding of training, employment and educational opportunities.
· Resilient with the ability to be open and responsive to the changing needs of young people and commissioners of the service
If you believe that you are well-suited to the role, please apply. For additional information, please contact Charlotte Rounthwaite at Sellick Partnership
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.